Or, would you say most women actually perfer submissive men?

To be more specific, I’m talking about men who are submissive in their role in the relationship as a partner and also sexually.

It’s an interesting, I guess, maybe taboo sort of topic that I would like opinions on.

Thank you for reading.

• j4k3@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

Probably heavily dependant on the culture.

Personally, I believe the two dimensional stereotype is an indicator of intellectual depth. I can’t stand when a (perspective) partner expects me to act a certain way all the time. Like, how about we both focus on making compelling interactions that motivate desire in each other and forget this whole simplified binary frame of reference. Maybe I play hard to get and that tension overflows into my submission. Maybe sending me a pic in the middle of a conference meeting drives me wild by the time I get home. One of the few smart things my father ever said is that relationships are never equal unless you’re putting in 100% of your effort and the other person is doing the same. My perspective is limited, but I think everyone should find someone that compels them to engage in a broad spectrum of interactions and exploration.

That said playing with AI and isolating Western cultural norms based on English language datasets, we are far more misogynistic that most people are willing to openly acknowledge.