Is it just me or the borderline fascist anti-homeless rhetoric just simply out of control? Not only do you have entire topics with hundreds of posts advocating for forced institutionalization, calls for vigilante violence, and downright genocidal discussions daily – the mods seem completely absent at all from these topics. Scroll to the bottom and you see 10-20 down voted posts that are unbanned accounts that are outright calling for or admitting to committing violence openly.

The only thing they respond to and delete are people who push back against these people – certain community members (in particular a member with two street names as their handle) on that reddit are so aggressive with reporting to reddit admins directly that almost anyone who would argue back has been banned.

The entire subreddit is landlords just astroturfing for Springfield-esque laws to outlaw being homeless, in a town with eviction rates that have spiked 18% since '22 (statistic from DHS report 2023) and in a state that has used state and federal welfare funds to prevent 83,000 evictions and counting since January '23 (stat from Gov. Tina’s report on homelessness, Jan. '24). Our state is drowning in corruption embezzles funds and misused capital and we are indulging and breeding right-wing hatred on our cities main social media outlet.

Can someone do something about the apparent fact that the entire mod crew of /r/Eugene are Nazi adjacent right-wingers who have cultivated an echo chamber of shit?

• kescusay@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Hey. Formerly-active mod from the Eugene subreddit, here. I took on this lemmy community in large part because Reddit made moderation from mobile phones damn near impossible. These days, literally my only activity on Reddit is to check the mod queue for the Eugene subreddit from time to time, if I happen to be on my computer.

I know the other mods face similar hardships. All moderation activity across the board on Reddit is down, and thus all enshittification is up.

Personally, I wish the Eugene folks would migrate here. It’s weird to say this, but moderating communities here is actually easier, despite the fact that the mod tools are not as mature, because they don’t try to railroad you into using a deeply awful app to do it.

• TwistedTree@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

You can blame the platform. Less moderation means more engagement.

I’ve been too active on the other place and I am setting up this aaccount to make myself more likely to look to lemmy first.

My username on the other place is similar enough that this monicker should be recognizable LOL.

• letsmakeafriendship@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

It’s linked on the sub sidebar, it’s been the top post a number of times. A lot of users just will never migrate until reddit is literally un-useable.