• 3 Posts
  • 195 Comments
Joined 1 year ago
cake
Cake day: July 1st, 2023

help-circle

• Can confirm it is real, I have it installed right now via revanced, Grayjay, and Firefox extension.

Also, I have a terrible imagination, but that’s OK, as it’s open source and you can see how it’s calculated on their github.

It takes the ration of likes to dislikes from users of the service, and applies that ratio to the total number of likes to estimate the total number of dislikes.

It also archived a lot of video’s dislike counts before the dislike field was removed from the API.

As a user of the extension who knows how it works (no thanks to yourself), take it with whatever sized grain of salt you feel comfortable with.

• Can confirm (via a insignifigant sample size anecdote)

We recently visited Canada, and not a populated part of it. Two lane highways to get everywhere. I think every single person with a Canadian license plate pulled over to let us pass at their earliest convenience when we came up behind them. No long line of cars. They pulled over just to let us pass. It was mind blowing, so fucking pleasant.

The sample size might be insignifigant, but I think I could count on one hand the amount of times that’s happened while driving on two lane highways in America, something I’ve been doing for years. Everyone thinks they’re driving the correct speed and you can fuck off if you think differently.

• Joelk111@lemmy.worldtoCoffee@lemmy.world$335 espresso
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 days ago

Yeah that’s a very editorialized version and I hate that it’s the top comment.

Obviously the coffee isn’t going to be 100x better or more unique than a normal espresso. The point of the video was not to “discover” this, and if that’s all you got out of it, you missed the point.

• I JUST GOT IT

I see these posts all the time and I never understand what your motivation is or what the comics mean, so maybe this is a complete wooosh on my part, but let me explain.

The comic in the comment I’m replying to comes first. The cat is wearing the bro apron thing and the fish parrot bro. In the comic in the post the fish are saying bra instead of bro. Some woman walked past the tank in a bra I guess

However bras don’t say “BRA” across the chest, so it still doesn’t even make sense in the context of these fish parroting things they see on peoples’ chests.

Edit: I have done research. I now find these posts hilarious. I’m thinking I was definitely a bit wooshed but also am correct about the “joke.”