• 14 Posts
  • 223 Comments
Joined 2 months ago
cake
Cake day: July 23rd, 2024

help-circle
  • Community college is a joke. So are all the other types. Most of the stuff they make you do only serves to waste your time and get you used to working long hours on stupid bullshit. That’s what employers want them to do. Non-community colleges are like that but worse. In my experience, at community colleges only around 1 in 4 classes is impossible without cheating or being a hyper intelligent academic athlete (but of those 1 in 4 classes, they don’t always have very strong anti cheating defenses). At normal colleges its usually even more unfair and unreasonable than that. I’d say only 25% to 50% of them were “unreasonably difficult” except they were extra strategic about it. They’d make it so classes with high fail rates were only taught by the same professor and no one else ever so there was no way you’d ever get around one you couldn’t pass at first.

• Don’t eat lunch. When you finally convince your boss to let you work 8 hour days with no break instead of 9 hour days with an awkward 1 hour unpaid break you can do nothing with, that’s 1 hour you can spend on yourself that you didn’t have before. Also, now you don’t have to waste as much of your spare time exercising (to fight weight gain caused by eating 3 meals a day as an adult) so the time savings are twofold.

• One of the few things they’re good at is academic “cheating”. I’m not a fan of how the education industry has become a massive pyramid scheme intended to force as many people into debt as possible, so I see ai as the lesser evil and a way to fight back.

Obviously no one is using ai to successfully do graduate research or anything, I’m just talking about how they take boring easy subjects and load you up with pointless homework and assignments so waste your time rather than learn anything. My homework is obviously ai generated and there’s a lot of it. I’m using every resource available to get by.