• PenisDuckCuck9001@lemmynsfw.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    11 days ago

Don’t eat lunch. When you finally convince your boss to let you work 8 hour days with no break instead of 9 hour days with an awkward 1 hour unpaid break you can do nothing with, that’s 1 hour you can spend on yourself that you didn’t have before. Also, now you don’t have to waste as much of your spare time exercising (to fight weight gain caused by eating 3 meals a day as an adult) so the time savings are twofold.

• Asafum@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 days ago

Not everyone can do that unfortunately as it is illegal. We’re “forced” to have a lunch break, which I support the idea of, I just hate that I have to stay the extra hour when “normal” full time jobs are 9-5 and the lunch is in that 8 hours…

• PenisDuckCuck9001@lemmynsfw.com
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        11 days ago

That was one of the few the only advantage of living in Texas. It was not difficult to get out of that 1 unpaid hour “break” so I could go home earlier and get paid the same for spending less time at work. Lawmakers pushing for mandated unpaid breaks are helping corporations keep their employees at work longer.

• WeirdGoesPro@lemmy.dbzer0.com
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 days ago

Mandated breaks should be paid. Nothing personal gets accomplished in an hour, it is just a chance to recharge so you can work even harder. For that reason, it serves the company, and should be paid time.

• MBM@lemmings.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 days ago

Also, now you don’t have to waste as much of your spare time exercising (to fight weight gain caused by eating 3 meals a day as an adult)

Just make sure you don’t compensate by snacking more