• 1 Post
  • 8 Comments
Joined 1 year ago
cake
Cake day: June 9th, 2023

help-circle

• Fair enough. I just wanted to put the idea out there.

Lemmy certainly has growing pains and that is understandable given it is still under development. I just felt that being on this instance in particular appeared to be amplifying those growing pains and hobbling the community, perhaps avoidably.

For me the only reliable method right now is separate accounts on multiple instances that house the communities I sub to. Then I can view and comment locally with up a full and up to date view of the posts. It certainly isn’t a convenient or simple solution but it is the most reliable. I hope I can revert to a single account in the future and others aren’t discouraged from migrating here as Tte Reddit situation certainly isn’t improving.

• My wife and I wanted to live on a boat. Sadly, it never happened, but as part of the preparation process we went from a 1200 sqft house to a 600sq ft studio apartment and got rid of a load of stuff to make it happen. It was great!

We did well for several years of keeping a small footprint, even after the dream of the boat collapsed, but experienced a slight relapse during the pandemic. Just now reducing again having moved from a two bedroom place to a one bedroom to offset unaffordable rent.