• 0 Posts
  • 24 Comments
Joined 1 year ago
cake
Cake day: June 12th, 2023

help-circle

• Certainly fair.

And yeah, I personally use Bitwarden with 2FA on the Bitwarden account, but don’t store any 2FA tokens in Bitwarden, handling them all separately. Don’t want all the eggs in one basket.

Though given I have fingerprint access on phone and computer for bitwarden, i suppose that one basket is my finger. But if someone is taking my finger, I’ve got more immediate concerns than my passwords.

• First off, I am against the death penalty. I suppose there are hypothetical scenarios were there may be some remorseless person who committed horrific crimes and for whom there is absolutely no doubt of guilt, and maybe then we can justify removing them from the world permanently. But in the real world, the death penalty is not limited to such scenarios. Innocents have been and continue to be executed. This is unacceptable.

But, if we aren’t going to eliminate it, at the very least we can avoid unneeded suffering during it. As I understand it, nitrogen asphyxiation is a comparatively peaceful way to go. So this headline smells of bullshit to me.

• jpj007@kbin.socialtoAndroid@lemdro.idGadgetbridge
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

PineTime.

It doesn’t do very much, but the things it doesn’t do aren’t things I’m all that interested in anyway. What it does do, it’s kinda hit and miss. But it is cheap as hell for a smartwatch and fully open source, so were I more inclined to code I could potentially improve some of the ways it does things.

• My philosophy on it, specifically for this game, is that the game is so damn huge to start with it’s impossible to see and experience all the content in one or even several playthroughs. I’d rather just put my completionist impulses aside, think of the game more as “D&D” than a video game, and just go forward, no matter what happens in game.

But that’s just my thought for this specific game. As has been stated several times - it’s your save file, do what you want with it. No wrong way to play.

• But you wouldn’t just double it for each state. You’d increase the total number of House seats, and then portion them out according to the populations of each state. That’s how it was always done before they capped the size of the House.

Currently, Wyoming has just one House seat. If you double the number of total House seats, Wyoming still only gets one. They currently have a larger impact on Presidential elections than they should if it were decided strictly by population, and that’s due entirely to the Electoral College and the cap on the size of the House.