help-circle

• numberfour002@lemmy.worldtoJust Post@lemmy.worldBlockbuster
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    16 days ago

There are times when I wish there were still video stores I could go to to rent stuff to watch. Granted my “Blockbuster” days were post 9/11 because the small town I grew up in was apparently too small for them to open a location. The closest one was 45 minutes away, so not exactly convenient.

The last time I have even seen a video store was 5 years ago. I was on vacation and went into a small rural town while out traveling because I needed gas and I was looking for something to eat. I was tempted to go in, but my travel partner was not so keen. This past year, we ended up back in the same area, and that video store is now closed. Missed opportunity for sure.

• numberfour002@lemmy.worldtoFunny: Home of the Haha@lemmy.worldGreatest fear
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    16 days ago

Distaste for crocs just strikes me as a stupid fad and I don’t even wear regular crocs. I do like the crocs flip flops that are single piece construction because they last an order of magnitude longer than standard flip flops and the plastic material they are made of of is easy to clean and doesn’t hold odor like so many other types of materials that flip flops and sandals are made of.

• I’m the one who owns a copy of the theatrical releases.

I bought them on a deep discount sale at a time in my life when that was literally a big purchase which I could hardly afford and I did it partially because I was hoping to watch it with a friend who was a big LOTR fan. I wanted to spend time together and see it through his eyes because as much as I liked the movies, I didn’t think they were A+ tier.

When I mentioned watching the trilogy together sometime, his first question was “are they the extended versions?” When I said no, his response was “I’ll pass.”

Soul crushing.