• 0 Posts
  • 16 Comments
Joined 10 months ago
cake
Cake day: August 22nd, 2023

help-circle
  • Just to clear the air, the objection tends to be on the grounds that certain medicines/vaccines are tested on stem cells harvested from an aborted baby. While there are other objections, this is the most common one I have run into.

If these individuals are consistent in their objections (avoid tylonel, Advil, and any other meds tested in these stem cells) Then I believe we should respect their religious convictions. But, consistentcy is key here, you can’t pick and choose.

We either believe that people have the right to have different beliefs than others, or we don’t. We also can’t be inconsistent with that ideology. But we can absolutely challenge them when being inconsistent, i.e., if one religious symbol is allowed, any competing ones that someone desires to place must also be allowed.

• Lee Strobel (former athirst, investigative journalist) wrote a book titled The Case For Christ.

His goal was to write the difinive work on proving that Jesus wasn’t who the Christians claim him to be. It backfired on him and he became a Christian.

(See below comment from @weststadtgesicht with a more accurate quote.)

If you’re wanting to read more on this topic, definitely read both sides and determine which has the stronger case. But the Strobel book seems to be well researched and well written, at least to me.