This battery lasts the life of the router under the operating environmental conditions specified for the router, and is not field-replaceable.

But who determines its lifespan?

Knowing there is a battery set to fail and I can’t simply replace it makes me physically uncomfortable. Enough so that I’d rather it not have RTC.

Thanks Cisco.

• ColeSloth
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

To go further, all those 3v button batteries are essentially the same. You can buy any one of similar thickness to replace one like that, that you will have to re-solder in place. It’s definitely a 20mm across one, so the first numbers will be 20. For thickness I’m guessing by the looks of it, it’s either 3.5mm thick or 4.0mm thick, so last two numbers will be 35 or 40. So you want either a 2035 or a 2040 as a replacement.

They’re all 3v. The only difference in button style batteries thickness is how much capacity they hold. If it physically fits in a device and you can create the connection for the top and bottom, it will work. I’ve used a little piece of metal or wire to bridge a gap to make a thinner battery replace what was supposed to be a thicker one if I didn’t have the right size on hand. Just means it will die a bit sooner.

• ColeSloth
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Maybe. It’s a thin looking clip and not soldered to the board very strong. Prolly be OK if op can remove the battery without the clip breaking from the board. I’m guessing it will come off when op tries to pry those spot welds off the battery.

• ColeSloth
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

Yeah. The battery could just get some pressure and a little piece of tape to hold it in place.