• dependencyinjection
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Thank you for this. It really does help and the analogy was very cool.

I will add that you’re not just a stupid factory worker. You’re contributing to society and however you do that, you definitely have an impact on people’s lives; no matter how small.

Also, you’ve got at least some knowledge of chemistry and I’d hazard a guess that this isn’t the only topic.

• Asafum@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Thanks for the kind words! I love to explain things I’m interested in so I’m glad it was helpful. I tend to be a bit hard on myself because my interests dont align with my capacities lol

• dependencyinjection
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 month ago

Hey, I am the same kind hard on myself but I’m full of praise and encouragement for other people.

I think you can do anything you put your mind to, within logical reason.

Take me. Never went to university, never bothered at school. Spent decades getting stoned. Got hooked on Xanax and contemplating ending it all. Working dead end jobs to get by etc.

Got lucky and got hired Apple retail and trained for the GB. They encouraged growth and outside of work I did a few boot camps as I’d always loved coding. Used Apples healthcare to get diagnosed with ADHD and life kind of made more sense knowing I wasn’t actually broken. I’m now 40 and just about to hit one year as a software developer.

I am not special or particularly smart. I just have an unwavering curiosity and a desire to learn new things. I’m two weeks of the weed now and just trying to find myself now I don’t get stoned all the time.

It’s helps to be medicated as I still don’t think I’ll ever be happy, but really you can do anything with a little luck along the way.

Edit: Not sure why I unloaded half of this.

• Asafum@feddit.nl
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

I appreciate you sharing it anyway as it’s partially a mirror of myself honestly: apple retail (like 15 years ago) weed and all lol. Maybe I should consider seeking an adhd diagnosis as well.

Hope everything continues on this positive trend for you!

• dependencyinjection
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

If you think you have things that align then you should do it, it is life changing.

Check out HealthyGamerGG on YouTube for more information, psychologist with a lot of ADHD content. Actually just makes you understand yourself a lot to be honest.