• 👍Maximum Derek👍
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Tab groups how? Bunched up into 1 tab so you can’t see anything or are they replacing the Simple Tab Groups extension. And what’s different from the current profile manager.

Changes are all well and good until they force me to change my workflows even a little; then technology has gone too far!!!

• Baron Von J@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

And what’s different from the current profile manager.

From a usability standpoint, what current profile manager? Having to web search to find out how to open it puts it beyond the reach of most users.

• 👍Maximum Derek👍
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

I wish it was harder to find in Gnome, where its right below “New Private Window” in the right-click context menu. I accidentally open it almost every time I try open a private window. Thankfully I don’t need private windows as much now that I use the Multi-Account Containers extension.

• Baron Von J@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

wait, really? For me on Windows 11 the launcher right-click literally just has one entry: Firefox. Nothing for recent/frequent/open tabs. Nothing for opening a new tab or window. Nothing for Private. Just that one entry that does the same thing as just clicking the launcher. There’s a separate start menu item for private browser window, I could pin that on the taskbar next to the regular launcher.

• DarkThoughts@fedia.io
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

Might be a Linux thing because I have the same function under KDE as he describes it, which I wasn’t even aware of (I don’t really use that right click launcher functionality, like ever). Either way, I think opening it should be part of the main menu of the browser and the actual profile manager (not the profile manager page) should also have proper functionalities.

• mke@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                edit-2
                1 month ago

Don’t feel too jelly though, the actual profile manager has been in need of some care for a while, now…

…and it’s apparently getting it soon! No way they’ll hide the button after they polish it up, right? Happy times to come for all, I hope :⁠^⁠)