• Bluefalcon
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    26 days ago

Now we wait for the supreme court to save him. If they do, what are we burning down first? Taking all suggestions.

• crawancon@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      26 days ago

I heard alito’s wife volunteered their homes. he asked her not to for several days.

• BlameThePeacock@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      26 days ago

Nothing for them to do here, this is not a federal case, it’s a New York State case. He can only appeal within the state judicial system.

• Bluefalcon
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        26 days ago

A respectful court would agree. Let’s remember one judge hung two different flags supporting insurrection. Another judge has a wife that tried to personally have people over turn the 2020 election results. Bonus judge: Cannon blocking a case for classified documents being stolen.

I have high hopes the courts will do nothing./s

• BlameThePeacock@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          26 days ago

Respect has nothing to do with it. The federal supreme court has no jurisdiction over New York State criminal cases.

• ulkesh@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            26 days ago

I am not a lawyer, but this site states:

“A litigant who loses in a federal court of appeals, or in the highest court of a state, may file a petition for a “writ of certiorari,” which is a document asking the Supreme Court to review the case. The Supreme Court, however, does not have to grant review. The Court typically will agree to hear a case only when it involves an unusually important legal principle, or when two or more federal appellate courts have interpreted a law differently. There are also a small number of special circumstances in which the Supreme Court is required by law to hear an appeal.”

• ripcord@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      26 days ago

He’s going to get parole, and going to appeal. I don’t think there’s much for them to save him from even if they could.

• Bluefalcon
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        26 days ago

He’ll get fined, probably a big one. They will determine that he is immune from all legal limits as a president. Hopefully I’m wrong.