link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

as someone whose only escape from real-life horribleness when he was a preteen and early teen was the Internet: how about you stop wanting to control other people’s lives and mind your own business and trust others (yes, even young people) to know what’s good for them and what’s not

• phoenixz@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

As someone who sees the rather devastating effects of mobile phones: I’ll stopmdoing that when people get smart enough to know what is really bad for them. Right now it’s a tad bit too obvious that they don’t. Social media is messing up kids, mobile phones make it much, much worse. I used to see kids talking together doing stuff, now all I see is kids quietly in a group not taking to one another and just staring at their screen. I see kids falling asleep while.listening to tik tok, I see them waking up to toktok.

If you can’t play responsibly, we’ll take away your toy.

In also a big proponent of limiting unsupervised internet access to kids under 12 at least. I’ve seen wla weeeee bit too many kids showing off the latest decapitation video to eachother, I’ve seen kids on pedo telegram channels… The internet is not a safe playground for kids, never was, never will be.

If you think that a y of the above is fine then I don’t know what to tell ya.