‘Looks at perfectly functional Galaxy Watch 3 on my wrist’

• ColeSloth
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    24 days ago

A used watch 5 pro (or just buy a new one) can be had for like $160. I can leave all my stuff turned on and I always get over 48 hours. Plus WOS is just better than tizen, hands down.

That said, I had a ticwatch pro 5 for a bit and it was better in every single way but one, so I had to send it back. It had a couple bugs they couldn’t figure out how to get rid of with my Note 20 Ultra compatibility.

Still sad I don’t have that watch anymore. Awesome dual screen set up, better processor, more ram, faster ram, more storage, bigger and longer lasting battery, Smoother navigation. It would be the go to android watch if they could get their software compatibility up to snuff and support their devices longer.

• octopus_ink@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      24 days ago

Plus WOS is just better than tizen, hands down.

It’s changed a lot since I moved off my Huawei then. And the primary reasons I went Tizen when I did were the glacial pace of software improvements and the shitty “upgrade” they announced to the SoC all the WearOS devices were using at the time. I don’t recall the details of the crappy qualcomm “upgrade” aside from remembering that it really wasn’t one in practice, and solved neither the battery life nor performance problems of WearOS at the time. (not even sure they were calling it WearOS then, IIRC they changed it from the original name around that time)

A used watch 5 pro (or just buy a new one) can be had for like $160. I can leave all my stuff turned on and I always get over 48 hours.

I’m not surprised a watch several gens newer is going to get better battery life than my original GW, but I don’t find I’m fussed enough about anything about it to spend money on an upgrade currently.