GrapheneOS provides users with the ability to set a duress PIN/Password that will irreversibly wipe the device (along with any installed eSIMs) once entered anywhere where the device credentials are requested (on the lockscreen, along with any such prompt in the OS).

The wipe does not require a reboot and cannot be interrupted. It can be set up at Settings > Security > Duress Password in the owner profile. Both a duress PIN and password will need to be set to account for different profiles that may have different unlock methods.

Note that if the duress PIN/Password is the same as the actual unlock method, the actual unlock method always takes precedence, and therefore no wipe will occur.

Source: https://grapheneos.org/features#duress

• MachineFab812
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    18 days ago

… and I’ve been told I’m demanding and entitled, but here’s some jackass who downvoted one(@ryannathans) who is doing the work. You or I can never do enough to be worthy to request certain features or bug-fixes be given higher priority.

These people need to go back to Spez’s, Musk’s, or Zuck’s playground, since they love having no say so much.