The latest Nick Crawley video for instance if anybody wants to try.

Edit: Wait it’s happening on the latest Penguin0 video too. So confused.

Edit: It’s happening on all videos. Dopamine overload for me. Watching YouTube and browsing Lemmy.

Edit: Wondering if it cause I have a VPN connected to Miami. Not used a VPN for a while, but started last week.

• dependencyinjectionOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 days ago

Interesting. I’m not sure if the BBC has its own channel in the UK but I’ll check if it’s the same.

As per your edit, what do you mean it’s a a buggy mess on iOS? I haven’t experienced any issues, aside from too many ads and the feed is shit. Like I can watch one video about something new, like camping, and boom all i see is camping videos. Used to recommend fun educating content but now it’s a mess.

• abrahambelch@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      6 days ago

Usually their videos have an info box below the title stating they’re part of our public broadcasting system and explaining what it means :)

Regarding the buggy mess: I often find it becoming unresponsive or the UI glitching around. For example when changing from dark to light mode and vice versa the text often becomes unreadable. Or when switching from shorts to regular videos the tab bar often becomes unresponsive. As a result of the glitches I was able to get PiP a couple of times even though I’m not on the Premium plan. They might have already patched this though.

• dependencyinjectionOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 days ago

Huh… I’ve not noticed any issues at all, although I never switch between light and dark mode, dark mode only for me.