• Tolookah
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 days ago

We recently did the change to induction here, and the only thing I miss from my gas burner is my non stick pan that was aluminum. I did need to buy a few other replacements, but I haven’t found a non stick 12" in a store that I can make chili cheesy Mac in. (The tomato base eats the carbon steel seasoning, and I don’t want to spend a bunch on a pan that is delicate)

Some day though.

• AA5B@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 days ago

You can still get those pretty cheap. Even before my induction stove was delivered I bought a reasonably priced set of non-stick skillets. Yes they’re aluminum, but with a steel disk in the base. I don’t remember the price, but it was by far the cheapest of my cookware.

FWIW, I don’t use non-stick anymore but I don’t want other people to mess up my cast iron of stainless

• Tolookah
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 days ago

Yeah, I’ve not found one at local places idly looking, tfal for instance has made their induction ready ones only on their higher end pans.

• AA5B@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          10 days ago

Wow, yeah, that’s expensive for what it is. I have the tfal but for the price Costco had them, it never occurred to me they might be a high end model. I would not pay the prices I see online now. Unfortunately it was not a regular item at Costco and they soon left

• Tolookah
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 days ago

And you’ve upgraded the lid knob on all of them! (Mine had a plastic knob, I bought a replacement)

I’ve got a… Collection? Of Pots and pans, I just want a cheap Teflon pan for a few recipes, And when I don’t want to train house guests on seasoned pans.

I will have to train said house guests to not use high heat though, 3700w cooks. (We had a cheap, low performing gas stove, so this is a huge upgrade)

• jordanlund@lemmy.worldM
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 days ago

Except the loop knob on the one in the middle. That was the one that started all this, inherited from my grandmother. It’s from the 1950s(!)