Our cat Athena is a fluffy girl and we just found a flea on her, we removed it and crushed it but now my girlfriend is freaking out and her skin is squirming thinking the whole house could be infested. I’m of the opinion that we’ve caught it early and we should just check her usual sleeping spots as well as get a flea comb but my girl is damn near ready to buy a steam cleaner for the rug.

Idk, what do you guys think? How should we handle this?

• silly goose meekah@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 days ago

Yeah, but my point was that people generally spend money on things that make them happy. That could also be treating a friend to lunch, but that’s not usually $20k.

So I guess what I was trying to say was, why is it suddenly a problem to spend $20k, when it’s a pet and not something else, that clearly does not create any financial gain but only gives joy to the person spending the cash?

• ClassifiedPancake
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 days ago

That’s true but I wanted to point out that keeping a pet healthy is something you should do because it’s your obligation as a pet owner and human with empathy, not because you personally enjoy its company.