Need to make a primal scream without gathering footnotes first? Have a sneer percolating in your system but not enough time/energy to make a whole post about it? Go forth and be mid: Welcome to the Stubsack, your first port of call for learning fresh facts of Awful youā€™ll near-instantly regret.

Any awful.systems sub may be subsneered in this subthread, techtakes or no.

If your sneer seems higher quality than you thought, feel free to cutā€™nā€™paste it into its own post ā€” thereā€™s no quota for posting and the bar really isnā€™t that high.

The post Xitter web has spawned soo many ā€œesotericā€ right wing freaks, but thereā€™s no appropriate sneer-space for them. Iā€™m talking redscare-ish, reality challenged ā€œculture criticsā€ who write about everything but understand nothing. Iā€™m talking about reply-guys who make the same 6 tweets about the same 3 subjects. Theyā€™re inescapable at this point, yet I donā€™t see them mocked (as much as they should be)

Like, there was one dude a while back who insisted that women couldnā€™t be surgeons because they didnā€™t believe in the moon or in stars? I think each and every one of these guys is uniquely fucked up and if I canā€™t escape them, I would love to sneer at them.

• skillissuer
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    Ā·
    edit-2
    3 days ago

never really seen ludicity blog before, now that i read up ten posts on so in a single sitting i lowkey want to fuck off to live in a cabin in the woods

the sheer wastefulness of it all, bubbleness of its economics, piling technical debt, institutional stupidity, and the man also feels off in a way that i canā€™t put my finger on (maybe just by association)

• skillissuer
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      Ā·
      2 days ago

ludic be like: this industry makes no sense and causes untold suffering, but if you emit right vibes you can get by and make a pile of cash. Let me help you make a bank off those rubes

• froztbyte@awful.systems
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        Ā·
        3 hours ago

Iā€™ve noticed something similar with a lot of folks on the younger side in tech, although I havenā€™t had the headspace to dig into it. the thing I noticed is a lot of folks still willing to go into this dysfunctional shit getting highly paid because of knowing how bad things are elsewhere. afaict itā€™s not quite so much fygm as ā€œjustā€ trying to hoarde in the wake of 2+ decades of multiple world once-in-a-lifetime economic clusterfuck, as well as in the face of the total existential disaster that exists otherwise

(this is the impression I get in a wider sense. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s right, or applicable particularly here)

(thereā€™s also a form of that which is quite strong in USA-based folks, but I donā€™t think ludic hails from the states)

• skillissuer
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          Ā·
          edit-2
          1 day ago

what i mean, he comes off as a benevolent grifter and i think itā€™s sleazy