I’m looking for a nice shoe to replace my current Asics Gel -Keyano 27s. I basically wear these shoes for everything from long walks to yard work. They served me well, but it’s time for a new pair as these are worn out.

Any recommendations? I was looking at allbirds, but not sure I can make the jump.

Thanks!

• MilanA
    link
    edit-2
    11 months ago

For when i am not at home (farm), or when i go running (i really should do that regularely again), i prefer barefoot shoes nowadays. Those who take it seriously and have a wide toebox such as Wildling also come with the benefit (for me) that they fit my wide feet, since i otherwise tend to give up and have to buy oversized shoes, which in turn also makes them die faster.

• @negativenull@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      311 months ago

I just got a pair of Vibram Furoshiki that I’m loving so far. I haven’t tried running in them yet, but plan to in the near future.

• MilanA
        link
        edit-2
        11 months ago

interesting, i didn’t go with vibram because i assumed the climate would be bad for “everyday” use. also i am not too impressed with the build quality of my v-runs. i actually had to get me socks for them because of eg. rubbing off skin on the back and the sole / glue of the sole hurting the toes. i think v-track were my first… they have been good enough to run without socks.

• @negativenull@beehaw.org
          link
          fedilink
          111 months ago

FYI, I tried a short run yesterday in those Furoshiki. I don’t recommend for running. My foot was sliding inside all over the place. I felt very unstable. I’ll be using them as slippers/walking shoes at most.

• MilanA
            link
            111 months ago

oh, doesn’t sound so good, thanks for the warning!