Until yesterday I used to have long hair. Due to unusually high tempetures I started having problems with the skin on my head. So, to avoid problems. I shaved it clean and it will remain that way until the skin in treated.

Now that I’m bald, I now know what’s it’s like. It sucks. My old hair suited me perfectly. It was messy just the right amount, perfect length, made me look different than the rest and handsome as hell. Every girl would look at me where ever I went to. Compliments floating over the air, jealous looks from other men etc. etc. It made me feel powerful.

But most importantly, it suited my personality and clothing. It was perfect! But now it’s gone. I hate bald me. I will never look back at this bald version of myself.

It feels weird. I don’t feel that bad but still it’s disheartening.

• unknowing8343
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

If you were getting bald (which you might not) you’d have 2 options:

• hair transplant (if needed) and medication for the rest of your life.
    • shave/trim and move on

I’m generally for team 2. I’d hate medicating (which from internet opinion has various long-lasting unwanted side effects) for the rest of my life for such stupid thing.

I must confess, I have the benefit that I don’t look that bad. Also, being fit becomes much more required when bald, 😅, you have to compensate your older look; and side effects from exercise are virtually all positive. So I’ll take it.

• huf [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

accepting your baldness will always look better than being all wojak-nooo about it.

though that doesnt seem to be the issue here.

• Shinji_Ikari [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

I really didn’t want to go the medicine route years back. Like OP Im a guy who always kept it long. I decided to give the basic regimen a try and went with a keeps like service because dermatologists are by far the worst doctors I’ve had to work with.

And although it thinned, the thinning totally stalled, to a point where it’s a little noticable but on a good day isn’t at all.

I haven’t cut my hair in years and despite it being annoying to take care of sometimes, I get to look in the mirror and see the version of myself that I like to see which makes the little bit of medication worth it imo.

I always hated the “just shave it and own it, bro” attitude because damn my hair is part of my identity, I love having it. I’ll put some effort into keeping it.