My sniper was dominating level 23 with a tomahawk +8 and a speed-enhanced bow. Facing off three or four death eyes and scorpios (playing with swarm intelligence on), suddenly the tomahawk went spiraling down into the abyss! I think the sniper had lost line of sight to her target, and the tomahawk bounced off a wall and down it went. I thought the run was lost!

Fortunately, the tomahawk was somewhere in level 24! After sacrificing a few seeds to the gods of the forest in thanks, she went on to close Yog-Dzewa’s eye forever.

Now my question: is it always the case that items that fall into the abyss will be found in the level below?

• RBG
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

It is very useful to at least upgrade to +1 so the throwable becomes indestructible, handy when an explosion trap goes off for example. Also to upgrade it further until you have unlimited uses is also quite nice and I think that can be modified by ring of sharpshooting.

• CrayonRosary@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

My favorite is Boomerang. It gets unlimited uses at just +2 and does pretty good damage. I’ve had runs where I made three +2 boomerangs. Since it comes back after two more turns, I could throw one every turn!