• qwerty
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

There were many throughout the years but they always end in authoritarianism, censorship, corruption, surveillance, povery, hunger, death and eventual collapse.

• qwerty
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

TLDR but I think I get the gist.

I know that lemmy devs are commies, doesn’t bother me. The idea that some technologies can or should be used only by some political factions is just dumb. I left reddit after the api changes because I’m not installing proprietary spyware on my phone. I also like the idea of a decentralized, community run social platform, ideally nostr based because I like the way nostr federation works better than the fediverse, where the user can choose which relays to connect to instead of their instance making that decision for them, but until there is a viable alternative with a larger community I’m here.

• ShimmeringKoi [comrade/them]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

Meanwhile, in reality and not the land of hilarious cope, this is what actually happens when you get rid of the right wing:

The tapeworm sucking you dry says you’ll die without it, capitalists and their flunkies say the same thing. Society does not actually need a bunch of scared, bigoted adult children who never learned to share and who form lynch mobs at the drop of a hat:

Bonus food fact: the communists are better nourished corn-man-khrush

spoiler

costanza-maoist