• 1rre
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Or just bring an empty bottle through and fill it up at the tap/water fountain?

• teletext@reddthat.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 month ago

I wouldn’t drink tap water outside of continental Europe. Maybe the original OP is simply in a third world country like the US.

• Hegar@fedia.io
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          1 month ago

The tap water in Canberra, Australia is the tastiest I’ve tried out of the ~20-50 municipalities I’ve sampled in Australia, Western and Southern Europe, the US, China, Taiwan and Vietnam.

Also the US is not a third world nation, it’s a developing nation. Or under-developed would be more accurate, but that’s not a popular term. The US is a first world nation by definition, since first world just means the US global empire and it’s allies.

• psud@aussie.zone
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

It tasted better in Canberra before the 2013 bushfire, back when it was filtered through pine needles, before they removed all the pine farms

• Hegar@fedia.io
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 month ago

Ah, dang. Yeah I was there before 2013 and it was so noticably delicious. The friend I was visiting said it was the first thing her mother had said when visiting as well, how good the tap water was.

Bummer to hear that’s changed!

• weker01@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 month ago

The US has pretty good tap water in most places. Of course there are outliers we are talking about a giant country.

While you are right to trust most tap water in Europe we also have a lot of outliers. Old plumbing being probably the biggest problem. But also the taste can be atrocious. The worst tasting tap water I ever needed to drink was in Barcelona.

Edit: and the worst looking tap water I ever saw was in Paris. (It was old pipes or something as it was brown, almost red)

• psud@aussie.zone
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 month ago

That two tap stuff makes the cold water safe. Don’t drink from the hot tap where they don’t dare mix hot and cold