Just listened to the BBC Radio Ulster interview with the Deputy First Minister for Northern Ireland, Emma Little-Pengelly. I think it was a good response as she was condemning violence, but also acknowledging the problem and catalyst (a lack of social housing) and started talking about how she’ll try and work to create more social housing so people aren’t displaced by migration, etc. I think this was a common sense approach instead of just simply encouraging violence or declaring war on the rioters, which I feel like would just make things worse.

It is true, we should expand social housing. I think everyone can agree with that.

• mindlesscrollyparrot
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

It should be the case that we do our part and take in as many refugees as France.

It should be the case that we honour our debts and take in the people that risked their lives to help our troops in Afghanistan.

It should be the case that people stop listening to grifters peddling lies on the internet.

• Flax@feddit.ukOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

I agree with the helping people who helped us in Afghanistan. No reason why we should inflict on ourselves the same problem france has. We don’t want teachers being beheaded here.