Consider me a weeb but I like Japan, it has some truly beautiful nature and cuisines to try across the country.

Yes, there is a bit of that anime or gaming side to it, they’ve birthed many favourite nostalgic franchises of mine like Crash Bandicoot or Pokemon.

I also really like their architecture with their traditional houses and castles, the whole thing just seems really peaceful and tranquil given it it is a “quiet and polite” country.

Their country might be set in their ways but that is what I think makes the country special, keeping its traditions, beliefs and culture for many, many years.

My bro likes Spain because of their food and hot sunny weather 😎

What about you? What country do you like and why?

• tias
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    28 days ago

I’m from Sweden so I’m biased, but I cherish the leadership style in Swedish companies and it’s an important part of why I want to stay here. Honesty is valued, you don’t get punished for telling the boss like it is. The CEO doesn’t act like they’re better than you, and if you have opinions you can talk to them directly. I earn more than my boss because I’m more valued in the job market, and he’s fine with that. The net effect is that leadership won’t go around living in a fairytale and be surprised when a high stakes project fails. Risks are known and can be mitigated early on, and people feel empowered. I haven’t seen this in any other country except maybe Norway to some extent.