“This whole saga makes me genuinely embarrassed to follow this stuff. I just want a sub that has an informed opinion on AI, this is worse than crypto bro bullshit.”

“Every hype-man who posts vague tweets and hype posts should be ridiculed. Every clown who posts screenshots of said tweets on this sub should be ridiculed.”

““AGI is coming out next year” - this sub for the last 4 years”

some self aware highlights.

• Sauerkraut
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Oof, touché. I consider myself more agnostic than atheist, but I suppose I was a little too harsh. I just get frustrated with religion when Christians tell me that climate change doesn’t matter because “the world has to end for Jesus to come back.” Allowing the world to end feels too much like a death cult. Otherwise, I have no problem with religious people who don’t try to force their religion into politics and on others.

• UlyssesT [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

I do wholeheartedly agree that religious bullshit was, is, and probably will continue to bring oppression, tyranny, war, and slaughter.

My argument is that those things don’t just evaporate and leave behind a crisp scent of logic and euphoria once religion is no longer involved.

And so much for the “none will know the time nor the day” part of Revelations whenever some bloodthirsty “American Civic Religion” yahoo supports Israel because of their own blood-soaked fantasies of nudging along the apocalypse to stick it to the (slurs).

EDIT: Ever hear one of those street preachers when they babble about how “if everyone was Christian, there would be no more war?” I sure have. I feel the same way about bloodthirsty Sam Harris type Reddit New Atheists when they decree that if only everyone was atheist (after nuking the Middle East, as some like to suggest) there’d be no more war or other bad things.