Most of the fruits and vegetables are Bioland certified, and most of them are from a local farm near Heidelberg. The melon and obviously the bananas are not from Germany.

The Bread is organic whole-grain spelt bread from a local bakery. The grains are probably also local.

The oat milk is from organic locally (Baden-Württemberg) sourced and produced oats.

• stiephelando
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    26 days ago

Would you mind posting the receipt for this? I’m curious how much each item was.

• zitrone 🍋@lemmings.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      26 days ago

I get like 75ct discount in total because I am there frequently, so don’t bother reading every Rabatt. There is also one popsicle on there, which I didn’t include in the 97€ because I ate it in front of the store.

In addition to this, I also included (bought from other stores):

• Bread: 6,60€
      • Oat milk: 3x2,79€
      • Gherkins: 6,99€ (i should stop buying these, they are wayy overpriced)
      • Kuinox@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        26 days ago

Bread: 6,60€

This bad looking bread cost 6€ ?!? I can buy 6 baguettes for this price.

• zitrone 🍋@lemmings.worldOP
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              26 days ago

While baguette can also be whole-grain, I don’t think whole-grain baguette costs 1€ a piece. White bread tastes terrible.

Have you ever eaten german whole-grain spelt or rye bread? TBF, I haven’t eaten French baguette either.

• Kuinox@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                edit-2
                26 days ago

I think you are understimating the quantities of different bread you can find in our boulangerie.
                There is about 40k boulangeries in France.
                Whole-grain bread big advantage is a longer conservation, it doesn’t taste like paper even a week after being bought unlike a baguette, but it’s still best when fresh. The whole grain bread cost 2.3€ here.

I don’t think whole-grain baguette costs 1€ a piece.

Whole-grain is cheaper than white bread, white bread was actually a luxury before moderns time.

White bread tastes terrible.

Are you comparing a baguette with a regular white bread ?

Have you ever eaten german whole-grain spelt or rye bread? TBF, I haven’t eaten French baguette either.

Have you eaten something else than german bread ?

• Baggins@piefed.social
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        25 days ago

It’s from a shop in Germany and the product is called Black Forest Tofu, shouldn’t it be Schwarzwald Tofu?

I thought Taifun was a German company as well.