I am finally back to having a rooted phone after a decade! Feels nice to have control over my phone again.

The only thing left to get working again for me is the Samsung Wear connection to my Watch6.
I can get pretty far in the setup, but it eventually says it can’t connect.

I tried the Magisk module GoogleSpoofForWear and even edited my .prop file, no luck! Safetynet passes and playintegrity is intact.

Followed every guide I could find, so reaching out to you guys for help! anyone get their watch working on a rooted phone? (android 14)

Edit “Solution”: I was able to get it to work after fully resetting my watch. I kept the app magisk hidden but not sure if it was necessary… I didn’t want to have to do that but at least it works now!

• kirk781
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    22 days ago

Fully resetting the watch is a sorry thing that I too have to deal with. Despite Wear OS 4 (on GW 6) having backups and switching functionality, half of the time it doesn’t work. I don’t have a rooted phone, but switching phones or God forbid, you forcibly remove Galaxy Watch from Bluetooth settings and then you have to redo things from scratch sometimes.

Too bad, that some Garmin models support Gadgetbridge, but I don’t think any Wear OS model does.

• 4lan@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      21 days ago

So that’s why I assumed it was root causing the issue actually. I never had a hard time switching phones with my Galaxy watch 6. Went back and forth between phones for a while even, and it was always pretty painless.

I probably could have got it to work, but just gave in and pressed reset 😂