• Tartas1995
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    22 days ago

I hope you didn’t feel attacked or criticized. Sometimes people just need to hear that they CAN leave. Regardless of what we are talking about.

Nothing but love to you.

• Kcap@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      22 days ago

Not at all, I’ve been feeling that it’s time to move on for a while now. It’s hard to leave because I do care about staying active and up-to-date on political discourse, but this truly doesn’t feel like that’s what it is any more. It’s yelling into a void. I fear for the sake of many less in tune with what political discourse should be that this is the only diet they’re being fed anymore. It’s a scary path we’re headed down. All the love to you as well, stay groovy 🤙

• Aniki 🌱🌿@lemmy.zip
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        21 days ago

Just fucking delete it. You’re not that important and anything you do on there supports Musk. Delete it and walk away.

• Kcap@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          21 days ago

Lol, never said I was important. It can be a great source of information and news and I enjoy staying up-to-date on stories big and small. That’s the hard part to walk away from. Take 'er down a notch.

• Aniki 🌱🌿@lemmy.zip
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            21 days ago

I fail to see that as both true nor necessary. Take it up a notch and stop being a bitch.

• itslilith@lemmy.blahaj.zone
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              21 days ago

They seem like they’re on the cusp of leaving the shit hole anyways. I highly doubt insulting them will expedite the process.

• Aniki 🌱🌿@lemmy.zip
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                edit-2
                21 days ago

Yeah if we just wait for the fascists to play nice that will surely work! Fuck half measure coward bullshit. That’s for cowards. Are you or OP a coward? Does having a backbone take a backseat to this imaginary internet horseshit?

• itslilith@lemmy.blahaj.zone
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  21 days ago

Who says anything about waiting for fascists to play nice? Fascists don’t play nice. This is about convincing people that are not fascists that Twitter has become a Nazi bar and they should leave it.

I hate the liberal focus on civility over action just as much as the next leftist, but just as civility in the face of fascism does not help, blind anger at everyone is also pointless. Insulting people who want to leave but feel locked in will not make them leave. How about we instead point out what a fascist hellhole it has become, and offer alternatives