TRIGGER FUCKING WARNING! Animal abuse.

The name actually makes these videos sound more innocuous than they are. While crushing a monkey to death would be terrible enough, the “clients” in this private online group wanted to watch monkeys tortured for hours. They complained when the monkeys died too quickly. They suggested dressing baby monkeys in diapers and yellow outfits, then feeding them with bottles in front of their parents—before brutally breaking bones, severing limbs, inflicting pain with fishhooks and pliers and skewers, burning wounds with lighters, gluing various bodily orifices closed, attacking them with snakes, and sexually abusing them.

What in the actual fuck. This is some of the most depraved shit I can imagine. Partway through the article, I just started skimming and then just noped out. These people suck.

• schnurrito
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    17 days ago

the internet used to be filled with videos of ISIS etc. beheading people

I have literally never come across such a video. I am sure there are such videos somewhere online, and have been in the past too, but equally I am sure that no ordinary web user is likely to accidentally come across them.

• Milk_Sheikh@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      17 days ago

I am old enough to remember when a “Hosted on LiveLeak” was a genuine content warning

• Grimy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      17 days ago

There were numerous gore subreddits and I remember seeing some seriously heavy videos on Facebook, albeit rarely. Even today, Reddit has a lot of war gore (Ukraine mostly), as well as crazyfuckingvideos with shooting videos and what have you.

I remember I think two months ago, here on Lemmy, I was reading an article that was shared. The OP had stated there were hard images to look at, the first few were nothing bad and the warning was mild, so I continued but midway, it turned into headless corpses and things. This was an account of stuff that happened in China a few decades ago, so it’s not like I was purposely looking for monkey gore or anything.

And not to mention all the stuff that was shown to me in highschool from friends which is actually the first time I saw a beheading video. The latest was a Tiktok video that was made to look like something else and switched to a beheading after a few seconds.

I think you just got lucky tbh. This stuff isn’t just on the deep web, sometimes you don’t even have to look for it.

• WeirdGoesPro@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      17 days ago

I have had a fellow student randomly show me a cartel execution on YouTube before the automatic filters got better. It’s out there, and it’s possible to encounter it by accident.