• Swedneck
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    22 days ago

this is why survivorman is the shit, he went out of his way to genuinely be alone and didn’t try to pretend that he wasn’t filming himself. Just a guy going out into the wilderness with some gear and a camera.

• BruceTwarzen@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      22 days ago

When i was younger i never appreciated how much work went into setting up a camera, film, walk back put everything away, go for the next shot etc. and all that in a “survival” situation. Dude was a machine. Or is he still at it, i don’t even know.

• Swedneck
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        22 days ago

he’s still doing stuff and posts fairly regularly on youtube, but i don’t think he’s doing that same kind of content anymore.

• Someonelol@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      21 days ago

I wonder how many camcorder batteries the guy had to bring along with him. They probably slowed him down a little.

• Swedneck
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        22 days ago

like, during filming episodes? i can’t imagine that being true, the show was very low budget.

• _____@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      21 days ago

You should watch his bigfoot survival series it’s free on YouTube and surprisingly entertaining. There’s also some spooky fun paranormal stuff he experienced but I don’t want to spoil it for you.