I’m looking for something to share images and videos between small family group. We use mix of android and apple. Text messages are terrible for images and videos.

We were using telegram, now I want to see what lemmy has to offer. Thank you in advance.

• 2xsaiko
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    16 days ago

How can you even do mixed Android/iOS groups right now from iOS? I keep seeing people refer to that, but before I installed the iOS 18 Beta that added RCS, I tried and non-iMessage “group chats” were essentially just a broadcast list where the recipients just saw it as coming from me.

• Zangoose@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      15 days ago

I think that only happens when one of the phones doesn’t support MMS (which afaik is pretty much just ancient flip phones unless your carrier doesn’t support it for some reason). Otherwise group chats work “fine” but with terrible image/photo quality

• 2xsaiko
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        15 days ago

They all should, they’re relatively recent phones and at least one of them I’ve sent MMS images to and the other one is on the same carrier as me.

Maybe group chats is just something carriers in Germany don’t support. Nobody in their right mind here sends MMS anyway, it still costs 36 cents or so to send one, for me at least. Pretty much a straight up scam.

• SouthFresh@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      16 days ago

I’m in a couple. They’re not behaving as you’ve described, but I’m in an iPhone 11, so there’s that.