On July 17, the inspector found “green algal growth” in a puddle of standing water in a raw holding cooler. And on July 27, an inspector noted clear liquid leaking out from a square patch on the ceiling. Behind the patch, there were two other patches that were also leaking. An employee came and wiped the liquid away with a sponge, but it returned within 10 seconds. The employee wiped it again, and the liquid again returned within 10 seconds. Meanwhile, a ceiling fan mounted close by was blowing the leaking liquid onto uncovered hams in a hallway outside the room.

A picture of hell.

• Aniki 🌱🌿
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    15 days ago

Friendly reminder that meat is a choice and its a shit one.

• Monstrosity@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        15 days ago

That’s nice to say, but actually your meat consumption is fucking everyone up, even people who choose to live their lives the way they like and not fuck the Planet up because they lack the willpower to resist that tasty tasty carcass at literally every meal.

EDIT: Meaters, eating just one meal a day that includes meat would make a HUGE environmental impact. Just, try it for a week, cut down to meat for one meal daily. Breakfast or lunch or dinner. It’s easy.

• TrickDacy@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          15 days ago

Why do you assume everyone who eats meat has it every meal? I’ve spent years not living like that and never fully stopped eating meat

• Monstrosity@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            14 days ago

Because I was being hyperbolic. You’re probably doing it right imo.

• Monstrosity@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            14 days ago

I appreciate the point you’re trying to make but if you look into it, our meat habit is far and away one of, if not the, biggest climate challenges we face. We cannot continue consuming meat at our current pace and curb global warming, it’s that simple. And while my initial post is extremely judgemental, I really just wish people would start paying attention to how much meat they eat. Is it really necessary? Really? Every meal? Considering the resources meat requires to harvest, I don’t think so, but, sure, harp on my clothes, bro/broette.

• Samvega@lemmy.blahaj.zone
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                14 days ago

That being said: if you actually want to have a discussion about this

Why is a discussion necessary? The facts are there.

It’s like global warming: at some point all you can do is be angry about it and keep pointing at reality.

• Samvega@lemmy.blahaj.zone
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    arrow-down
                    ·
                    edit-2
                    14 days ago

Because a significant portion of the world doesn’t agree with you so you need buy-in.

It’s not my problem that humans don’t tend to care about facts. They’re allowed to kill themselves.

You’re assuming that I am desperate for people to listen to the truth. This is not so. If people prefer lies, that’s fine.

• commie@lemmy.dbzer0.com
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              14 days ago

if you look into it, our meat habit is far and away one of, if not the, biggest climate challenges we face.

citation needed

• Monstrosity@lemm.ee
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                14 days ago

I mean, sure. Try a search engine. It’s not exactly lost knowledge of the Ancients.

link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  edit-2
                  14 days ago

my searches don’t substantiate your claim. i am not responsible for supporting your claim: you are. if you cannot, there is no reason to believe it to be true.

• Monstrosity@lemm.ee
                    link
                    fedilink
                    English
                    arrow-up
                    arrow-down
                    ·
                    edit-2
                    14 days ago

Okay, well then I guess you are terrible at internet searches, I’m not sure what to tell you. Invest in an education, my friend. Good luck.

EDIT: Here’s a video I seem to remember was a decent basic summary. I can’t be bothered beyond that bc I’m frankly skeptical of your sincerity.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          14 days ago

your meat consumption is fucking everyone up, even people who choose to live their lives the way they like and not fuck the Planet up

eating meat has no impact on the planet.

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              14 days ago

modern methods seem to have some issues, i can grant you that. being vegan doesn’t decrease the size of the industry, or its pollution, though.

• Seleni@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        14 days ago

Wow, downvoting a serious medical condition. Some people need to touch grass.

• archonet@lemy.lol
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      15 days ago

Friendly reminder that nobody asked you for your opinion on others choices, and it’s a shit one.