Everytime when I visiti parents home it seems that don’t care I’m even there. They have their “sports routines”, which cannot be stopped. It happens to others too. Most topics revolt around what matches they had, with whom and watch matches in TV. Whenever they go to some holidays they look for sports hall for playing. They take part in exercises with coach, they play occasional games with 20+ friends.

The last time I had some talk, was that one time couple months ago when I brought the board game to improve our family integrity and communication skills, to get to know each other better, but that was once.

I feel that I I know them mostly on the surface level currently.

• ClassifiedPancake
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    13 days ago

One of my uncles is always extremely into collecting something but the topic is changing every few years. First it’s board games, then geocaching, then geocoins (a subset of geocaching), then it’s lego. Now it’s a soccer club but just the merch, he never talks about the players or games. He lives in a small apartment so he puts stuff in self storage or even in the basements of other family members… I guess it’s compensation for not achieving much in life but it makes that situation even worse.