You wouldn’t pirate a medicine, would you?

• kirk781OP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 days ago

I think these guys might be able to hack through the process and get stuff done and think getting other people to follow them will be trivial as well. But just because they didn’t mess up, doesn’t mean other people won’t. A large majority might end up hurting themselves if they follow in their route.

• adelita2938@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 days ago

Or if your access would be bullshit constrained.

Endocrinologists fuck up hormone dosages on a regular enough basis that transfems will buy the estrogen powder, convert to injectable solution, and do it themselves.

• Maeve@kbin.earth
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 days ago

Okay and that happens with OTC medications, too. I have a family member who’s solution to everything is a *pill. Always taken in half or double, triple, quadruple dosages. Older and runs to the doctor for a sneeze too.

You can lead a jackass to water, but you can neither make them drink nor prevent them from drowning. Or in this instance, giving themselves hyponatremia.

Edited for reasons

• becausechemistry@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 days ago

That’s the thing. They have no way of even knowing if they messed up! I’m not even sure the way they could be messing up is a thing they know they should be worried about.