• RBG
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 days ago

Oh man, I totally forgot about the Naomi Wu drama. I remember it kind of resolved in some way with some explanations of Linus maybe making some sense if you were generous. But under the light of everything that came after, eh, maybe it was serious after all.

• NuXCOM_90Percent@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 days ago

I think it was mostly that Naomi dropped it after excessive amounts of harassment. And Linus’s excuse was that she misunderstood him and it is her problem for thinking that a guy saying he would only give her a business opportunity if she came to his bedroom at 3 am was sketchy. And his wife was totally CC’d to some of those emails anyway.

I recall there was a different (not going to speculate on who the timeline would line up with…) case where Linus was accused of sexual assault (possibly outright rape?) where his defense was that he was a virgin until he met his wife which… okay.

As it stands, it is basically proven that the company has severe cultural issues regarding sexual harassment and bad workplace dynamics. The sexual assault accusations are still very much in the “where there is smoke…” range. And it is why I point out that Madison’s harassment claims were corroborated by former employees but her assault claims were not.

• Trainguyrom@reddthat.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 days ago

Honestly when they first launched Channel Super Fun while at the Langley house they really were acting more like a fraternity than like employees at a company sponsored event (and I’ve been to some interesting company-sponsored events with virtually unlimited free alcoholic drinks and none have concerned me as much for the company culture as LTT’s early channel super fun videos)

They also really harassed Dennis a lot, to the point where he, not yet a citizen of the country he’s on a work visa in, looked close to tears and seemed to not be enjoying it. Come to think of it, I haven’t seen him in any videos for quite a while, so I wonder if he bounced as soon as he got Canadian citizenship…

• IronKrill@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 days ago

Wouldn’t he have got citizenship ages ago? I thought he transitioned to a sponsor-focused role. I know he was in sponsor spots for a while but I block those so don’t know if he still is, but his Twiiter bio lists him as still being LTT sponsor creative lead.

• Trainguyrom@reddthat.com
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            8 days ago

I was honestly mostly thinking out loud. I can’t remember when I last saw him in a video, and I don’t know how long it takes for a Canadian work visa to translate into citizenship so I was really just guessing based on no evidence.

And I’m talking about 10+ year old videos that may or may not still be up for when he wasn’t a citizen yet, because that was when they were teasing him for not owning anything yet because he just moved to the country