link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    15 hours ago

Editing this again because when this story first broke I had assuming that this was a targeted attack on very specific people. I had also conflated Hezbollah and Hamas - and yes, I do know the difference, I just wasn’t paying as close attention between work, personal things, and Lemmy posting and made a mistake. And while I don’t support their attack on Hezbollah, I was still impressed with what I had assumed was a very targeted attack. But now as more information comes out, this really looks to be no different that if they had sprinkled land mines around someone’s home… sure, it might get that person, but it can also get innocent people as well, and that isn’t impressive. In summary, fuck Israel. Fuck Hamas. Fuck Hezbollah.

This goes to show that Israel could have taken out Hezbollah Hamas leadership at any time… there was no need to raze Palestine other than to move people out so that Israelis can move in and rebuilt.

• Maggoty@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 day ago

He did. But the proponents of Greater Israel do actually include Lebanon. They also include Jordan, Syria, parts of Egypt, Parts of Saudi Arabia, and parts of Iraq.

This ideology is dominant in the ruling party of Israel.

• Bob Robertson IX
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 day ago

Shit, you’re right… thanks, I’ve corrected it because my point still stands.

• grozzle@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 day ago

does it still stand? are Hamas using the same supply chain of altered pagers?

signs point to no.

• Bob Robertson IX
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            1 day ago

Yes, it still stands… if Mossad is able to get to Hezbollah’s leadership that completely, I think they are likely more than capable of doing the same with Hamas’ leadership.

• Furball@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 day ago

Israel has assassinated a staggering number of high ranking Hamas officials, less so for Hezbollah but their leadership has also been targeted