• WaterSword
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 days ago

I agree, but what I mean is that it’s not about the design but about the fact they are trying to reach her audience with this merch, without her cooperation

• BigPotato@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 day ago

Roan’s has curved font, Harris’ doesn’t. She can hardly claim to have invented the camo/orange combo and I’m willing to bet they were more aiming for the country demographic than Roan’s.

• partial_accumen@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 days ago

Then she should have chosen a unique design…which she DID for her other hats that have nothing like them in Harris/Walz store.

One could argue Roan was trying to reach the audience of people that like Mossy Oak camo hats, to reach that audience. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

If she made a unique design and Harris/Walz copied it, she’d have a legitimate complaint. However that’s not what occurred. She used someone else’s design, and is apparently upset someone else did too. She used derivative work and is not happy someone else used the same original for their own derivative work.

A quick search shows she has 3 hats for sale: link to her store

Here’s the Harris/Walz web site store: link

The only overlap is the camo hat, and Harris/Walz has 3 different styles. There’s no copies of the tan or Pony hat from Roan’s store. If Harris/Walz were trying to scoop up Roan supporters, why haven’t they copied those too?

• WaterSword
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 days ago

Damn you’ve brought receipts. You’ve convinced me lol. Sorry I doubted