I have recently learned that you can get hrt medicine off the counter in my country. I am an 18 year old and I am at the last year of high school. My plan since I learbed this was to wait till my finiahing exams are done (May) and start after that which puts half a year between that and till I can move out aboard for university. What worries me is having to hide the effects especially with the summer in between and swimming that comes with it. How much does it take for breast growth to become noticable and what would you do in my place?

• Fiona
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    15 hours ago

Then get that estrofem ready to use anyways, since adult human bodies are not made to have no sex hormone. If you get depressions or feel bad in general, add E to the mix anyways.

Also: Cypro (Cyproterone Acetate, Androcur is a marketing name for it) requires much higher doses if you do mono-therapy than if you use it to support E: With E the general wisdom is to not exceed 12.5mg/daily and rather increase E-intake if T isn’t properly suppressed, whereas without you may need 50 to 100mg per day, with a massively increased risk of bad side effects.

There is a reason why pretty much no one who has the choice does it that way, but it’s of course up to you!

• WeLoveCastingSpellz@lemmy.dbzer0.comOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      14 hours ago

my plan is to go 12.5mg once every two days till after summer. I mean what other choice do I even have when testerone is actively changing my body. I can maybe start estrofem very low dose.

• Fiona
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        13 hours ago

It’s up to you of course, but don’t expect this to do all that much. I’m on 12.5mg daily and before my last blood-test I took ≈4mg E transdermal and even at that I was still very much on the upper end of the female range for T.