I know and can accept the response that say I should register to X site if I want more activity. I do plan to, least with Reddit, just biding some time before I make yet the 20th disposable e-mail and probably the 100th account before it gets banned again if I cross a glass person. Glass person being someone who’s so fragile on opinions and things that they’ll scream ‘BAN THEM BAN THEM!’.

I’ve been on KBin Social, Lemmy World (least 2 dedicated accounts), KBin Run, Mastodon, Blue Sky .etc

And I’d stay for a good while but I also found myself bored immediately. I check for questions to answer, it’s the same questions I’ve seen days and weeks prior. I check around for things that are reported and they’ll be hours old and some of them can be years old.

I love the idea of the Fediverse, I like some of the features that are implemented. Especially when you do ask questions on here and you’re allowed to expand on it. Unlike AskReddit for example, they don’t really like that and will remove your post because explaining what your question is about and backing it with an example is just unacceptable to them.

I don’t know. 43,000+ people sounds a lot on paper, but in practice, it feels like you’re dealing with 50 people at any given day.

• schnurrito
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 hours ago

Mastodon is mainly a way to get updates from news sites, blogs, etc.