I’m not really looking to hear from people who don’t think this way, with answers like “insecurity”, “toxic masculinity”, etc. I want to hear answers from men who really detest men who sit to pee.

Follow-up questions:

• when you have to piss while shitting, do you stand up turn around and piss on your shit and then sit back down to finish shitting?
  • are you ever groggy in the morning?
  • how clean is your toilet and surrounding floor, and whose job is cleaning it?
  • what are your true passions in life?
  • Bob Robertson IX
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 hours ago

I always sit to pee when I’m at home, mostly so I don’t have to worry about spray/drippage/seat positions, but I also believe that men have this amazing power where we have the ability to stand and pee… and I think the biggest flex you can make when you have amazing power is to only use that power when it makes sense. Restraint is power.

• Bob Robertson IX
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 hours ago

No, more like using a pen to write about how important the 2nd amendment is, without actually needing to own a gun first.

But, like, what point do you think I was trying to make? That if I don’t sit down to pee then I won’t be able to pee standing? I’m really confused at your attempt to shoehorn politics into a conversation about piss.

• ZagamTheVile@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          3 hours ago

I was being goofy. Of course it doesn’t make sense. Jesus, Lemmy has gotten as bad as reddit. It’s all people ready to fight at the drop of a hat.

• Bob Robertson IX
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            3 hours ago

Yeah, sorry… someone else had riled me up, and I didn’t do a cache flush before seeing your comment.

• kitnaht@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            3 hours ago

It’s okay to simply be wrong and admit it you know. Much more honorable as well. Being silly with a political joke, is still being political.

• kitnaht@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                edit-2
                3 hours ago

Hah, I’m totally making an assumption here, but I’m willing to bet you’re the type who tests the temperature of the room by saying something mildly political like this, and then if things go well, you’ve successfully hijacked a conversation - and if they don’t, you just back off and pull the “it was just a joke, I was being funny”…

Unfortunately you backed yourself into a corner here because the “it was just a joke!” doesn’t really land well when you’re trying to inject politics into a conversation that has literally nothing to do with them. I know I’m kinda hard calling you out here, but I’m just saying - it’s not a good look.

• ZagamTheVile@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  3 hours ago

That’s a lot and I’m not going to read it. I promise you that I care exactly as much about your opinion as you do mine. You should go touch grass if you’re so worked up that you can write two paragraphs moaning about a joke you didn’t get. It’s guys like you give us guys that sit down to pee a bad name.