Deleted

• jmcs
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Neither is Digg. Or myspace. Or many of dozens of services that used to be popular and fell into irrelevance.

• RedditTransfer@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

@thiccdiccnicc Digg, myspace and heck ebaumsworld were all places that eventually started dying at some point. I just deleted my 3rd party app for Reddit to prevent my autopilot from clicking on the icon. If someone like me is done with Reddit, I imagine there’s many that feel the same way. In fact, even if spez stepped down, I don’t think I’d return to a centralized platform anymore.

@IsThisLemmyOpen @pasci_lei @jmcs

• cwagner@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Lemmy is irrelevant compared to Reddit. Completely and utterly. There’s what, a single medium-sized subreddit over all instances here?

• fear@kbin.social
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

And they were implied in my own, but I’m happy to extend my statement for you: Being in its infancy doesn’t make it irrelevant compared to Reddit. In fact, that line of thinking from Reddit’s leadership will lead them to obscurity more quickly than if they take this seriously. Just existing as a viable alternative is a big deal. We haven’t had one for a very long time.