Hello everyone,

As you may have noticed, I’m trying to revive this community. However, I noticed that is actually overlaps quite a lot with !general@lemmy.world

Do you think we should move there, so that we can have more content and activity on one place?

The hardest part to get a community started is now, when you need to build traction, and I think it makes sense to use the larger userbase of !general (10k subs vs 4k here)

Let me know what you think!

• BlazeOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Very good points!

To be honest I have no strong opinion on this, both situation can work. I guess if we keep CasualConversation active, we’ll have to promote it more to gain the critical mass to get regular activity.

I might also switch to a daily thread as weekly threads tend to be buried under new content (most of the users don’t use “New comments” I assume)

• Lazycog@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Thanks!

Same, I’m open to anything basically. Enjoying lemmy :)

Now is a good time to try out things, maybe daily threads work better for some people?

And good point! I also sadly forget to check new comments…

• BlazeOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I’ll go with daily threads, should work better :)

• Saltarello@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Also @blaze@discuss.tchncs.de

If you’re an android, Liftoff allows to sort both posts & comments by new/old etc

• BlazeOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

I know, but it still seems that weekly threads are usually buried in the content, because people don’t go back to them, whatever their sort filter