At least, some of the recent controversies.

• Swedneck
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

Oh my god i am so tired of seeing posts about this, PLEASE can we give it a rest? i want to leave this trend hounding shit on reddit

• Swedneck
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

No but that’s specifically what i’m complaining isn’t happening, i see the same link 5 times in a row.

• lemmyvore@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

It feels like we need an extra level of aggregation for posts. It would be great if all posts for a certain topic could be grouped together. Maybe hashtags or something.

• Swedneck
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Yeah it’s honestly very strange that they don’t implement a proper tag system, i can’t imagine it would be difficult (like bro it’s an extra array for every post) and it would give a ton of flexibility to the ecosystem.

It’s also a feature reddit has…

• Chozo@kbin.socialOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          10 months ago

Kbin supports hashtags (and I included a few when I posted this), but there’s no filtering option yet (that I’m aware of, at least), so it’s still mostly just for discovery purposes.

• NightOwl@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

People did move here from reddit after all. That’s why I recommend apps like lemmy connect on Android with keyword filtering. You can’t control what people post, but you can regain control by controlling what you see.