• RBG
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

You mean this data? https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

If so, then don’t just look at the positive tests but at the graph that shows tests performed. Positive tests goes up but tests performed is relatively the same. That tells you it is a real increase in positivity. It could be the start of another big peak, or not. Time will tell, but you’d think going through the last years one should pay attention to such statistics. Because if you start taking measures only when you are back to 100.000+ cases a day you are a bit too late.

• homoludens@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

If so, then don’t just look at the positive tests but at the graph that shows tests performed

and patients committed

• sQuirrel@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

I “admit” committed is funny because that’s what COVID and all of the “I did my own research” hoopla has made me feel like. That I’ve been committed to an insane asylum with all of the loonies spreading their theories justifying their behavior without impunity thereby making COVID more deadly as it lasts longer given such time to continuously mutate…

• homoludens@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          10 months ago

Can you explain the need for hysteria?

No, because if hysteria would be an appropriate response it wouldn’t be hysteria. The good news is: no one is calling for hysteria, there’s just a recommendation to wear masks.

• RBG
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

Right back at you. Please show me where I am not “chill” here? There is one person who is not chill and its certainly not me.

You can still choose to wear a mask or not, theres no law yet or is there? So just don’t, I guess?

The smaller bumps by the way occur because people kept getting vaccines and boosters. How does that look like where you are? When was the last time you got a shot or a booster? From the sound of it a while ago.

• Kuori [she/her]@hexbear.net
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

if there genuinely IS a reason to wear masks again

this proves you don’t understand what you’re talking about at all. there was never a compelling reason to stop masking according to the data. period.

link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                10 months ago

that’s nice. it’s also tantamount to covid denial, so you can just take it and shove it right back up your ass where it came from.

link
                    fedilink
                    English
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    10 months ago

you’re right, i’m sorry. it’s just downplaying a deadly and ongoing virus and dismissing the most effective method of protection against it as not necessary.

don’t talk to me, you’re disgusting.

• Frank [he/him, he/him]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

it’s just that it is still such a small number of cases that it doesn’t matter.

To the best of my knowledge there is no meaningful surveillance in the USA or EU. Some places are still doing wastewater testing but it’s difficult to make solid determinations from wastewater.