I recently decide to watch Curb Your Enthusiasm and I only really started to enjoy the show after season four.

I feel like a lot of dramas like The Americans, Dark, and Narcos take me a little while to get invested but it’s typically only a season.

• ColeSloth
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Parks and Rec is a great show…If you just straight up skip season 1. Season one did not have its legs and I can’t really believe it didn’t get canceled before season 2.

• Very_Bad_Janet@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Season 1 was charming but it becomes an excellent show when Chris Traeger and Ben Wyatt show up. It starts running on all cylinders. (It’s one of my favorite shows.)

• Renacles
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Season 1 is terrible, they were basically trying to do a The Office spin-off but the humor fell completely flat.

• Drusas@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

My friend who recommended it to me before I had ever seen it basically said the same, but I loved it from the beginning.

• maegul@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I can’t really believe it didn’t get canceled before season 2.

I agree … how did it not get cancelled?

• Waldoz53 [he/him,any]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

it was only 6 episodes and i guess had goodwill from the office writers? idk NBC tried to cancel parks and rec all the time at its peak so its amazing how it didnt get instantly canned

• gwildors_gill_slits@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I still think it’s worth watching from season 1 - there are a couple of pretty good episodes and it sets up some stuff that comes back later on, like building the park in the vacant lot. Plus, it’s only 6 episodes IIRC.