Whenever I have to do a captcha where you must select all tiles with bicycles, I know I can just click through super fast, but I feel like that might make the website suspicious, so I purposefully slow down like “Geez, this is a melon-scratcher!” or click and then unclick a tile like “whoops, silly me, thats an umbrella not a bicycle!” And wiggle the mouse randomly a bit as if Im double-checking my work even when I know damn well I got all the bicycles in 0.67 seconds.

Basically I feel like I have to act dumb so the internet doesn’t think I’m a bot. DAE get this?

• @dingleberry
    link
    79 months ago

Exactly this. Clicking super fast makes the captcha keep on going, I’ve had instances where I solved 5 refreshes of captcha and it kept going.

But if you show indecision or confusion by lingering your cursor over one tile and then move after 2 seconds to a different tile and then come back, it will pass in one go.

• @lhamil64@programming.dev
        link
        fedilink
        09 months ago

These CAPTCHAs do more than just check if you clicked the right pictures. They analyze your mouse movements and stuff. For example, a bot would move the mouse in perfectly straight lines, click all the pictures quickly, etc. But a human would have more natural movements.

• @tomi000@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          19 months ago

Thats what Im on about. If they would do what youre saying, captcha wouldnt fail just because of clicking fast.