In the screenshot I’ve included, you can see that the number of comments for the post is 20+. However, I only see 2 comments when I look at the post.

Is this just a byproduct of federation? I don’t think I’ve blocked any instances yet, but is it possible the comments are from instances blocked my lemmy.world? Also, I use Memmy on iOS; could that be the cause?

Appreciate any insight!

• fatcat
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Check your language settings. If you changed them you are not able to see all posts.

• Raging LibTarg@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Just checked, I left the setting as “Undetermined” as it warns that changing the language will make certain content unavailable.

• GeekFTW@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Change it to English lol. I forget where it was said, but a month or so ago I remember someone saying there had been an issue where if you leave it as Undetermined, it won’t show you most English content.

• Nix@merv.news
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

This should be removed. We should encourage people from any country/language being able to communicate with eachother and make inline translations easy to setup vs hiding comments

• Sethayy@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Remove an option? Its by definition optional, and inline translation services are pretty bad usually so a lot of users might not want to use them

• Nix@merv.news
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          10 months ago

Its actively causing bad user experiences because it’s confusing and also hard to know that it’s causing the issue